Scholarships - Incoming Students
Paying for college is an important part of the college decision-making process. Below, learn more about available scholarships dedicated just for Thompson School students!
TSAS Awards and Scholarship Committee
Cole Hall, Room 147
291 Mast Road
Durham, NH 03824
- NH Farm Bureau Federation: Scholarships Available by County.
- Cheshire Kennel Club Veterinary Award: For students applying to the Veterinary Technology program (use application below).
- Marketplace Scholarship: For students who are Wakefield Marketplace members who wish to improve their knowledge about horticulture or craft, or for non-members who live within 30 miles of Wakefield and are interested in educational advancement in agriculture, ecology or the arts.
- Grantham Garden Club: Each year the Grantham Garden Club offers financial scholarships to New Hampshire residents studying to prepare for a career in horticulture, landscaping, forestry, agriculture, plant science or environmental sciences. To be eligible, students must be enrolled or enrolling in part-time or full-time in a certified college, technical, or vocational school program in one of these fields. The financial award is given to the student, and may be used for tuition, books, or other expenses that support his/her education. Applicants must reside in Sullivan, Grafton or Merrimack County. See the TSAS website and the Thompson School Blackboard student organization for a complete list of cities and towns. Candidates must submit their application to the Grantham Garden Club representative by May 1, 2015. Financial Value: $TBD. The scholarship amount is determined each year. In the past the club has awarded between $2000 and $3000 in aid. For more information, visit www.granthamgardenclub.org.
- Railway Tie Association: The Railway Tie Association is pleased to offer a $2,000.00 scholarship to second-year students in a two-year college for the academic beginning in year the fall of 2015. Students must be enrolled in an accredited Forestry program for the full school year and not graduating mid-term. See the TSAS website and the Thompson School Blackboard student organization for the full application or visit the Association’s web site www.rta.org/scholarships. The deadline for applications is June 30, 2015 and the scholarships will be awarded to the winners by phone or e-mail no later than August 10, 2015. Please remember, only the scholarship winner will be notified. For more information, please visit the scholarship page on our website at www.rta.org/scholarships.