Culinary Arts and Nutrition
Dietetic Technician - Program Goals
The Dietetic Technician program will prepare graduates to be competent entry-level dietetic technicians.
Outcomes for Goal 1:
- Over a five-year period, 80% of the DTP graduates taking the registration examination for the first time will pass.
- Over a five-year period, 90% of graduates will rate their preparation in clinical, community and foodservice as good to excellent on graduate surveys.
- Over a 5-year period, 80% of matriculated second-year students will complete program requirements within 2 years.
- Over a five-year period, 40% of graduates will take the DTR exam within 6 months of completing the program.
The Dietetic Technician program will prepare graduates for employment in a variety of settings where food, nutrition and healthcare are emphasized and/or for transfer into baccalaureate programs including Nutritional Science and other fields.
Outcomes for Goal 2:
- Over a five-year period, 70% or more of the graduates seeking employment in a dietetics-related field will be employed within 3 months as indicated on graduate surveys.
- Over a five-year period, 25% of graduates will be admitted into a nutritional science or other baccalaureate degree program within six months of completing the program.
- Over a five-year period, 90% of graduates working in dietetics-related jobs will receive satisfactory ratings on employer surveys.